We are looking for a highly motivated, reliable, and skilled individual to join the Recreation Division for the position of Recreation Leader II at Deer Hollow Farm with the City of Mountain View.
You will join an enthusiastic and passionate team, supporting the School Year Program at Deer Hollow Farm.
This position assists with the daily needs of the environmental education classes held Tuesday- Friday mornings, with up to 29 hours per week.
What You Bring:
- Equivalent to the completion of the 12th grade.
- Valid California Driver License
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Have some work and/or volunteer experience in Recreation
- One year of college level education
- Strong understanding of local natural and cultural history
- Experience working with youth and/or adults in an outdoor setting
- Familiar with environmental education concepts
- Experience working in a farm environment
- Experience working with volunteers
Who You Are:
- You have strong problem solving skills
- You have the ability to understand and follow oral and written directions
- You have a willingness to learn
- You possess excellent communication skills
- You know how to talk to people
- You are enthusiastic about connecting youth to nature
- You value volunteers and everything they bring to the table
- You enjoy working in an outdoor environment
- You are comfortable working around people of all ages, from youth to senior citizens
- Working with livestock (goats, sheep, pigs, cows, chickens, ducks and rabbits) is exciting to you
What You’ll Do:
- Teach outdoor environmental sciences, social studies, and history classes for elementary age students
- Recruit, train and supervise adult volunteers
- Prepare class materials and facilities for use by participants
- Set-up and take- down related program materials and supplies
- Ensure participants conform to the established policies and procedures
- Act as a professional role model, mentor and leader to youth, co-workers and other adults
- Encourage group and individual participation in recreation activities
- Enforce guidelines and maintain a safe, clean, well-organized environment at all times
- Provide exemplary customer service
- Performing other duties as assigned
Submit your application online at www.calopps.org or to the Human Resources Division; City of Mountain View, 500 Castro Street, Mountain View, CA 94041, (650) 903-6309 or to the Recreation Division c/o Deer Hollow Farm, City of Mountain View, 201 S. Rengstorff Ave, Mountain View, CA 94040, (650) 903-6430.
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact the Recreation Division at (650) 903-6430. Application materials will be screened on a continuous basis. This recruitment may close at any time. The most appropriately qualified candidates will be invited to a department interview. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply early!